Today is the day when the dream of our prime minister Shri Narendra Modi is coming into existence that is the bullet train in India. First bullet train is expected to be ready for in less than five years. The opening ceremony was held on September 14 near Sabarmati Station with the Attendees PM Modi and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe. New Railways Minister Mr Piyush Goyal said that the train will start running between Mumbai and Ahmedabad on August 15, 2022 - when India completes 75 years of independence.
Salient features of the bullet train project
1. Estimated cost - Rs 1.10 lakh crore (Japan will fund 81% at an interest rate of 0.01% repayment period is 50 years)
2. Distance - 509 km(out of total stretch 92% is elevated, 6% in tunnel and 2% on ground)
3. Top Speed - 250 km per hour (Maximum speed- 350 kmph that is two times the speed of fastest train )
4. Route - Mumbai to Ahmedabad (with the stop at 12 stations)
5. Distance Coverage - Maharashtra- 156 km, Gujarat- 351 km, Dadra & Nagar Haveli- 2km
6. Time Taken - 2 hours (Till now Fastest train in India takes 6-7 hours )
7. Technology Used - Japanese Shinkansen High Speed Rail (HSR)
8. Ready for use by - 15 august 2022 (75th Independence Day )
9. Capacity - 750 Passengers
With the new era of technology and speed in the travelling, this project will create more than 20000 construction jobs, 4000 operation jobs, and 20000 indirect jobs.
Highlight of this project is the undersea tunnel - 21 km long tunnel stretch will be under the sea.
Other projected route for bullet train in India are-
Delhi â€“ Mumbai
Delhi â€“ Kolkata
Mumbai - Nagpur
Delhi â€“ Nagpur
Delhi - Chandigarh
If you liked the information, please share it with your friends.